We know that everyone has choices when they’re picking where to stay. Each Fresh Coast Cabins guest has selected the Keweenaw, Lake Superior, and our rustic cabins. This is why we strive to create the best cabin getaway experience imaginable, and we’re looking for Hosts to be a part of the magic.
Disconnect from the busy moments and enjoy every sunrise and sunset on Lake Superior while playing a critical role in creating memorable stays for guests and supporting operational needs. Fresh Coast Hosts support 2-4 week hosting rotations as needed by the FCC team.
The ideal person for this role is…
- friendly and outgoing,
- proactive and self-directed,
- committed to maintaining the property,
- OVER THE MOON to support the best guest experience possible.
- Title: Fresh Coast Host(s)
This is a part-time, seasonal role as an independent contractor. The duties can be fulfilled by one or two people.
- Hours: Expectation of 20 – 40 hours/week for two to four consecutive weeks. Flexible working hours throughout the day.
- Compensation: Free lodging on Lake Superior (one-bedroom cabin) and access to kitchen and cooking utensils. Note this is not a paid position.
This role requires physical activities and has variable working conditions including:
- Climbing and walking: There are stairs and uneven paths/grounds on the property that will require the ability to navigate uneven terrain and ascend/descend
- Lifting: Large, irregular, and sometimes heavy items (including laundry bags, firewood, etc)
- Outside: The work is subject to outside environmental conditions on a daily basis, including but not limited to wind, rain, and sun
- And you’ll definitely get dirty…
Hosts will be provided with two days of training and support to learn the ins and outs at Fresh Coast. Our goal is to find Hosts who may return each year to enjoy a little R&R on Lake Superior in exchange for providing exceptional customer service.
Does this Sound like you? Keep reading…
Fresh Coast Host Responsibilities
Each day brings something new. The one and only thing that you can count on is variety!
- Record data at the water treatment plant
- Prepare bonfires and haul wood to main fire pit area
- Deliver kindling and haul wood for private patios (Cabins 8 + 9) and fireplace (Log Cabin)
- Walk grounds to monitor furniture (Lake Superior winds can be tough) and clean up the shared fire pit area
- Check the message board and fill guest requests (new towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Open/close lobby area and ensure it’s tidy and swept
- Support laundry efforts (training provided)
- Welcome guests on the first day of their stay
- Support/help with Friday night bonfires and pizza station
- Provide local recreational recommendations to guests
- Chop kindling and ensure fire-starting materials are well stocked
- Clean fire pit areas between guest stays
- Water and care for the grounds’ potted plants/arrangements
- Serve as an area resource for guests
- Support paddleboard rental/returns
Fresh Coast Host Application Process
This is a brand spankin’ new program and we’re working on the details. We appreciate your patience as we iron out the best way to onboard hosts. For the 2021 season, we will be looking for Fresh Coast Hosts to join the team from September – November. Exact dates will be determined during the application process.
- Fill out this application and include your availability for 2 – 4 weeks during the months of September, October, or November 2021.
- Share all of the reasons that you’d make a great host and why you’re excited to join the Fresh Coast team. (Videos encouraged but not required).
Selected applicants will be required to complete a 1-hour video interview. Interviews will take place in early August and the final Host selection will be made by the end of August.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fresh Coast Cabins is an adventure brand based in the Keweenaw Peninsula with 10 cabins peering on the edge of Lake Superior. We love to hike, bike, and be outside as much as possible but tent camping is for the birds. We bring the cozy cabin vibes and value lots of time to explore the nooks and crannies of the vast Lake Superior shore or tuck into that book you’ve been meaning to read. It is our mission to provide an incredible getaway experience with clean, cozy, and curated cabin spaces.