Whether you’re exploring the peninsula’s windswept peaks or its shadowy forests, the historic landmarks or the waters of magnificent Lake Superior, our cabins are outfitted with comfortable essentials and basic amenities to keep you cozy and refuel your wanderlust, day after day.
Arriving at Fresh Coast Cabins
A long, winding drive up US-26 will lead you to Fresh Coast Cabins. Point your GPS to 13051 US M26, Copper Harbor, MI 49950. The first thing you’ll see is a large modern building with Fresh Coast Cabins on the front. Drive in front of this building to access the cabin loop which is a little further down from the lodge. Here’s the property map for reference.
- You will find a small but mighty grocery store in Copper Harbor (3 miles east), The Genny.
- Keweenaw Co-Op (Hancock) approximately 60 minutes before your reach the cabins
- Pat’s Foods (Calumet and Hancock) approximately 30 minutes before your reach the cabins
- Econo Foods (Houghton) approximately 60 minutes before your reach the cabins
Your cabin is available after 4pm on the first day of your reservation. Please check out by 11am on the last day of your reservation.
When you booked, you should have received a confirmation email with your reservation dates and cabin access information. If you did not receive this email, check your spam folder, and contact us so we can get you that important information. We recommend printing this email out and bringing it with you as there is no wifi or cell service at the cabins.
How do I find my cabin and where do I park?
The cabin pathway leads from the parking area in front of the lodge—you’ll be able to see the cabins as soon as you pull up. You’re welcome to drive slowly down the path until you see your cabin—each one is clearly marked with its number facing the path. (You can also refer to the map from your reservation confirmation email.) The cabins each have space for one car next to or near the cabin, please contact us before your stay if you need to park extra vehicles. We need to keep the main cabin loop clear for all guests and in case of an emergency.
A lot of our guests like to visit the Fresh Coast lakeshore before they check into their cabin. That’s perfectly fine with us! Get out, stretch your legs, enjoy the view…your cabin will be ready whenever you are.
What amenities are in the cabins?
Besides flawless Lake Superior views, you mean? Here’s what we provide for your stay:
- Full beds (or bigger, depending on your cabin)
- Bed linens (pillows, sheets, and comforters or quilts)
- Bathroom personal care products from Public Goods including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand soap.
- Bathroom sink, toilet, shower (no tubs)
- Bath linens (one washcloth and bath towel per guest)
- Our cabin towels are not suitable for outdoor use. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Full kitchens: refrigerator, oven, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster
- Cabin 2 has a kitchenette which does not include a stove/oven or kitchen sink.
- Basic kitchenware: pots and pans, cooking utensils, flatware, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee mugs
- Cooking supplies: coffee (one-day supply in your welcome basket!), organic tea, olive oil spray, salt and pepper
- Charcoal grill, please BYO charcoal
- Games and puzzles
- Music: each cabin features a radio/cassette player with a stash of vintage tapes and this setup doubles as a bluetooth speaker. Cabin 3 and Aurora Major have a record player with a selection of records.
What if I need help?
The cabin guide located in your cabin includes contact information and ways to reach the outside world. An Emergency phone is located on front of the Community Center in Copper Harbor, 232 Gratiot Street (3 miles).
Please note: Your hosts do not live onsite but our team is regularly around the property. Reminder: we do not have wifi or cell service at the cabins.
Adventures + more
We’ve spent many hours exploring the treasure troves that are the Keweenaw peninsula! Check out our Keweenaw Day Trip Guides for some itineraries to spark your wanderlust. You’ll also find a complete adventure guide in your cabin for further inspiration.