This is your insider’s guide for making the most out of your time at Fresh Coast Cabins. Can you hear the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore already? Use this guide to have your an epic cabin getaway. 🎉
Arriving at Fresh Coast Cabins
- Check-in: Anytime after 4pm on your day of arrival
- Address: 13051 US M26, Copper Harbor, MI 49950
A long, winding drive up US-26 will lead you to Fresh Coast Cabins. The first thing you’ll see is a large modern building with Fresh Coast Cabins on the front. Drive in front of this building to access the cabin loop. Here’s the property map for reference.
⛽️ Fill up that gas tank. Be sure to top off your tank before you leave Calumet (30 miles before the cabins).
Please do not block the cabin loop. If you bring one more than one car, reach out to us so we can advise on the best places to park.
You should receive a cabin access email three days before your arrival with key codes to unlock your cabin. If you did not receive this email, check your spam folder, and contact us so we can get you that important information. We recommend printing this email out and bringing it with you as there is no wifi or cell service at the cabins.
Stock up on Groceries/Supplies
🥟 Stop for snacks and drinks. Our cabins feature all the utensils to fuel your crew. It’s smart to grab some provisions on your way in so you can kick back and relax when you get to the cabin!
- You will find a small but mighty grocery store in Copper Harbor (3 miles east), The Genny.
- Keweenaw Co-Op (Hancock) approximately 60 minutes before your reach the cabins
- Pat’s Foods (Calumet and Hancock) approximately 30 minutes before your reach the cabins
- Econo Foods (Houghton) approximately 60 minutes before your reach the cabins
What should I pack?
Don’t forget your layers. Lake Superior can be cold on the warmest day of the year. Here are a few other items you might enjoy during your stay:
- Your favorite food for the grill and bevies
- Beach towels
- Bug spray
- Life jackets
What amenities are in the cabins?
Besides flawless Lake Superior views, you mean? Here’s what we provide for your stay:
- Full beds (or bigger, depending on your cabin)
- Bed linens (pillows, sheets, and comforters or quilts)
- Bathroom personal care products from Public Goods including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand soap and a hair dryer.
- Bathroom sink, toilet, shower (Aurora Major has a bathtub)
- Bath linens (one washcloth and bath towel per guest)
- Our cabin towels are not suitable for outdoor use. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Full kitchens: refrigerator, oven, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster
- Cabin 2 has a kitchenette which does not include a stove/oven or kitchen sink.
- Basic kitchenware: pots and pans, cooking utensils, flatware, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee mugs
- Cooking supplies: coffee (one-day supply in your welcome basket!), organic tea, olive oil spray, salt and pepper
- Charcoal grill, please BYO charcoal
- Games, puzzles and books
- Music: each cabin features a radio/cassette player with a stash of vintage tapes and this setup doubles as a bluetooth speaker. Cabin 3 and Aurora Major have a record player with a selection of records.
What if I need help?
The cabin guide located in your cabin includes contact information and ways to reach the outside world. An Emergency phone is located on front of the Community Center in Copper Harbor, 232 Gratiot Street (3 miles).
Please note: Your hosts do not live onsite but our team is regularly around the property. Reminder: we do not have wifi or cell service at the cabins.
Adventures Around the Keweenaw
🍽 Enjoy dinner on Lake Superior. For a nice dinner out, make a reservation now at the Harbor Haus or The Fitz—they book up fast!
🍕Staying with us on a Friday night? Wood-fired pizza, a drinkshare, and a Lake Superior bonfire make Fresh Coast Cabins the best Friday night destination in the Keweenaw. Join us around 7pm at the main bonfire pit. Learn all about it.
🥾 We’ve spent years exploring the many treasure troves that are the Keweenaw peninsula! Check out our Keweenaw Day Trip Guides for some itineraries to spark your wanderlust. You’ll also find a complete adventure guide in your cabin for further inspiration.