Reservation changes and cancellations are subject to a $100.00 fee. In the event you are unable to stay with us, cancellations/modifications must be made 15 days before your reservation is scheduled to begin in order to guarantee a refund. If your reservation is canceled/modified within 14 days of your reservation you will forfeit the first-night cost of your booking. Finally, there is no refund if the guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Cabin Rental Rules
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the cabin. If you smoke on the premises, you are responsible for properly disposing of cigarette butts. Please do not litter.
- People other than those in Guest’s party may not stay overnight at the Property. All of Guest’s visitors are the sole responsibility of Guest.
- The Property Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities or that arises after Guest’s stay. The Property Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Pets. Pets are permitted only in Cabin 5 with prior approval. Please read all of the pet rules (below) and we appreciate your understanding and willingness to only bring your dog if you can abide by the pet rules.
- Parking. Vehicles are to be parked near the Guest’s assigned cabin. Parking is not permitted in the main looped driveway or on the road. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Housekeeping. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
- Water and Septic. The cabins use a water treatment plant and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged damages.
- Storms. No refunds will be given due to weather or road conditions unless permitted in the Cancellation Policy. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
- Access. Guest must allow Property Owner access to the cabin for purposes of repair and inspection. Property Owner will exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and give 24 hours notice except in an emergency.
- Guest agrees to release and hold harmless Property Owners from any and all liability arising from Guest’s stay at the Property.
PET RULES: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: We do allow 1 smaller dog to come along with you and stay in Cabin 5, our only dog-friendly unit.
Dogs are NOT allowed on the beds (so bring their favorite dog bed with) and MUST be well behaved and under 60 pounds. If your dog is over that weight limit, please message us for a case by case exception.
We know it seems like a lot of rules, but we want to be able to offer people the chance to bring their well behaved dog. We’ve had other guests not abide by rules, hence why there are so many strict rules in place now. We appreciate your understanding and willingness to only bring your dog if you can abide by the pet rules.
All dog guests must comply with the following specifications, no other type of pet is permitted on the property:
- May not exceed 60 lbs.
- Must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
- Must be spayed or neutered.
- Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
- Pets must be leashed at all times and will be cleaned up after. Please use provided pet waste bags and disposed of waste in outdoor garbage.
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are present in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Pets must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
- Pets will not be left unattended, either indoors or out. Pets will not be left unattended on the patio, or porch.
- Property owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- Guest is solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
- Guest agrees to release and hold harmless Property Owners from any liability arising from Guest’s pet.
BY SUBMITTING A RESERVATION REQUEST AND RESERVING A CABIN, THE GUEST ASSUMES ALL OF THE RISKS OF RENTING AND PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH FRESH COAST CABINS and its grounds located at 13051 State Highway M26, Eagle Harbor, Michigan 49950 (hereinafter the “Cabins”), including but not limited to, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I acknowledge that this Release of Liability Form will be used by Fresh Coast Cabins, and/or any other persons or entities associated with the ownership of the Cabins (hereinafter the “Owners”), and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said Cabins.
In CONSIDERATION of renting, staying, using, enjoying, and/or being lawfully allowed on the grounds of the Cabin, The Guest hereby take action for myself, my guests, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, and successors, and EXPRESSLY AGREE to the following:
(A) THE GUESTS WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE THE OWNERS OF THE CABINS from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the Owners, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me in, around, or anywhere on the grounds of the Cabins, including the waterfront; and
(B) THE GUESTS INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE OWNERS OF THE CABIN for any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of lodging, staying, using, enjoying, and/or being lawfully allowed on the grounds of the Cabins, whether caused by the negligence of myself, other guests, third parties, the Owners, or otherwise.
The Guest acknowledges that the Owners are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
The Guest acknowledges that the Cabins and/or its surroundings, including the waterfront, may present a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by the terrain, temperature, weather, condition of waterfront, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, myself, other guests, third parties, and/or the Owners of the Cabins.
WARNING: The Cabins have an open waterfront to Lake Superior. THIS IS AN OPEN AND OBVIOUS DANGER. The conditions of Lake Superior, the shoreline, and/or the surrounding grounds of the Cabins can become dangerous in any type of weather. These dangers include, but are in no way limited to:
- Slippery conditions on or around the waterfront;
- Steep drop-offs to the water;
- Rocky conditions on or around the waterfront;
- 25-foot waves crashing on or around the waterfront;
- Waves hitting the deck of the Cabins;
- Icy conditions on or around the waterfront;
- Icy conditions on or around the driveway, sidewalks, or deck areas;
As such, this waterfront feature carries with it a potential for serious risk of INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY LOSS.
The Guest understands that the Cabins have an open waterfront to Lake Superior and that The Guest has been warned of the risks associated with the waterfront, even those not expressly stated above.
This Release of Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.