BONUS This is a key position on the Fresh Coast Cabins team. It’s important to us to find the right person and we’d be honored if you could help. Refer the person we hire and we’ll give you (yes, you!) a referral bonus of $100. (Applicant must enter your name during the application process).
Position Details: Seasonal, full-time
You’ll receive a regular salary, paid bi-monthly with bonus opportunities. Compensation is based on experience and interest in supporting onsite cabin operational tasks.
- Est: 32 – 40 hours/week, May – Oct 2023, Exact dates to be determined
- Set your own schedule while prioritizing availability for guest arrivals, cabin turnovers, and events
- Expectation of having your own reliable transportation
- Onsite support throughout the rental season
- Discounted lodging available
Ensure a delightful guest experience at FCC through exceptional customer service and accommodations with the goal of creating repeat guests.
- 5-star reviews
- Coordinate and support property and cabin maintenance needs including regular upkeep (lawn maintenance, firewood stocking, etc) and urgent situations (unexpected plumbing issues, passing out lanterns during power outages, etc)
- Manage and oversee vendors and support staff to deliver the best guest experience, including: Interviews, hiring, train and terminating staff
- Support and staff retail store during regular operating hours
- Manage maintenance and staff budgets to ensure the property is running well and guests are happy
- Coordinate front-office and back-office activities and resolve any problems
- Build efficiencies for all tasks related to managing the cabins and property:
– Cabin cleaning and setup
– Laundry — you’ll become best friends with laundry mountain
– Vendor management (pest, lawn maintenance, garbage)
– Inventory management (bedding, cleaning products, gift basket supplies)
– Retail management
To be successful in this role, it will be helpful to have management experience as well as front and back-of-house roles in a hospitality setting. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, an intrinsic desire to get things done, will work well independently, and also loves building a great team.
– 3 years working in customer service
– Willing to roll up your sleeves and share the workload, as needed
– Hard working, can-do attitude
– Outgoing, positive spirit
– Desire to learn and grow in the hospitality and property management space
– Ability to work independently, solving problems as they arise with no supervision
– Experience managing and training a team
– Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
– Computer proficiency and ability to pick up new technologies quickly (Gmail, Google Docs, Excel)
– Hospitality management degree
– Experience managing contractors and property maintenance vendors
– Experience managing vacation rental(s)
– Experience with digital tools such as WordPress, and social media (Instagram/Facebook)
A Day in the Life…
- Walk grounds to identify areas that need maintenance. Examples would include weed whipping in our shared guest areas and tending to anything that has been blown over by a Lake Superior gust.
- Support check-out needs and set up the cleaning team for cabin flips.
- Keep spaces secure and clean for upcoming guests.
- Maintain firepits and guest common areas for daily use.
- Open Fresh Coast Goods for a couple of hours each morning and help guests snag a souvenir before they adventure off for the day.
- Review and plan for upcoming guest arrivals and team schedules
- Prep and co-host Superior Fridays at Fresh Coast Cabins.
- Manage cabin supply inventory and help re-order as needed.
- Meet with owners each week to check-in on any issues, discuss items that came up and how they were resolved, discuss the best ways to handle any anticipated hurdles, and review the upcoming schedule.
This is a brand-new role and we’re still working on the details. There are opportunities for growth at Fresh Coast Cabins and we have active operations in marketing, communications, and retail as well as regular onsite needs as we maintain the property. The right person could build an ongoing role in our small business. For the 2023 season, we will be looking for a property manager to join the team starting in May. Exact dates will be determined during the application process.
- Fill out the application below.
- Share via letter or video all of the reasons that you’d make a great property manager and why you’re excited to join the Fresh Coast team. Videos are encouraged, we’d love to virtually meet you!
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a multi-step interview process.
First: Respond to a series of hypothetical situations.
Second: Complete a 1-hour video or in-person interview.
Third: Provide three professional references and pass a background check.
If feasible, you’ll also tour the property during the interview process.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Property Manager Application
Fresh Coast Cabins is an adventure brand curating spaces and experiences in the Keweenaw Peninsula. We love to hike, bike, and be outside as much as possible but tent camping is for the birds. We bring the cozy cabin vibes and value lots of time to explore the nooks and crannies of the vast Lake Superior shore or tuck into that book you’ve been meaning to read. It is our mission to provide an incredible getaway experience with clean, cozy, and rustic spaces to disconnect from our busy lives and reconnect with nature and each other.